Saturday, December 23, 2006

We had a great time at Holly's

Yesterday, I was a mess because I did not want to go to John's viewing alone but did not think it was appropraite for us to bring the kids. We don't have family nearby and our babysitting ideas did not work out, so we brought them. When we got there, our neighbors Marianne and Tom were there and they took Maya and gave her a bottle while we went up to say a prayer Goodbye to John. Bryan actually was very quiet and although it seems strange, I think he really understood. He was very quiet and knew that John was asleep forever. A lot of you have seen how crazy Bryan can be(he is almost 3...)but this was so different. Bryan actually blew him a kiss right in front of Erika! Then he gave Erika a kiss with George and I. Nobody knew that there were children in the funeral home, I kid you not.

Erika actually had called me yesterday afternoon and wanted to make sure I knew that John had passed. I assured her that the whole block knew and would be there if they could make it. She was so worried that nobody would come, but the place was absolutely packed. If you knew John, you loved him, simply put.

We had dressed the kids up, and decided to take our kids to a party at almost 8pm at Holly's house. That is probably not in any parenting books...to take kids out at that hour! But it is only 10 minutes away and it worked out great!

Thank God for Holly's blog that I knew all the faces, just about. Otherwise, I would have had major social anxiety! Dawn and Sandy were there to greet me right away, like they knew me forever. I actually had met Dawn the day of Zo's transplant,and that was back in March of this year. The family was great. Holly's mom was so happy to meet Maya. She, much like my mom, is very up on the blogs.

It was great, Maya went to everyone easily...especially the ladies...Natalie, Dawn, Sandy, Kim, Kelly, Vindya

See the pictures below:
This is Maya all dressed up before the viewing/party. The coat is from my close friend Sue and the shoes actually came attached to a dress from Sue's Mom

Maya sitting...this is what she did before meeting Greg

You want me to do what?


Oh, stand, okay, I can do this

I am an old pro

Gotta take a minute to remind everyone that I have 4, yes 4 teeth crushing through my top gums at this very second

Mommy does not think I will walk in my tenth month like my brother, I'll show her!


Speaking of big brother, here is Bryan enjoying all the toys at Gia's house that he did not have to share because the Guatemalan girls were getting spoiled to pieces


Bryan asked me if he could get a bird. I said no, but he could have a picture with a bird!


Well, here it is, Bryan's ornanment that he stole from Holly's Mom. The nose lights up and he is still obsessed with it. We placed it on the tree this morning right at his height so he can reset the nose as needed



George, Maya, Zo and Gia getting ready for night-night

This is Bryan immediatly after the party. We were still parked across the street from Holly's at this point


Thanks for my cupcake, Holly, I finished it today after lunch










Well, time to say good-bye, until next time!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerry-

It was great to see you again. Your family is awesome- I absolutely love Brian. That kid is hilarious! He had the whole room wrapped around his finger! Merry Christmas and I hope to see you at future family functions.

Dawn

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to a gorgeous family - full of love and laugheter~~What more could anyone ever want for Christmas?

Julia:):)

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! We look forward to seeing the pictures and reading the updates. We look almost every day....NO Kidding! We will miss you all this weekend but hopefully we can catch up next year. Happy New Year and enjoy your friends and family this holiday season.
Love, Jenn & Ed Afanador

Crystal said...

Hi --I am a first time poster--I love your pictures!!! What a dollbaby you have there!! So sweet!!! Your son reminds me a lot of my Caleb!! I bet these two could get into some fun together!! You have a beautiful family!!!