Thursday, December 21, 2006

Sad news

I am afraid to say that my update is not a happy one today.
Yesterday someone close to our hearts passed away.
That someone was John.
John lived in the house next door for many years.
John was the neighbor on the block that knew everything about everyone, but not in a bad way. We felt safe living next door to him from 2000-2006.

Earlier this year, he and his wife moved into a new smaller home where things would be taken care of for them. They have been GREATLY missed since their move by ourselves and our neighbors.
John found out he had cancer in the past year and it really took his life very quickly.

He was 72. His wife Erika is surviving and our hearts pour out to her.

John and Erika's only daughter was killed in a traggic car accident in 2003(around Thanksgiving I believe). Thank heaven Erika has her only son living nearby. He is recently divorced and I am sure that they will lean on each other to get through this diffcult holiday.

I am writing to let you all know that a truly wonderful man has passed away.

John and Erika were the cutest couple. They walked everyday together. When I would see them as a couple walking or even fighting..I always thought to myself how I hope that would be George and I when we are older.

John was friendly and loved to be ouside in his garden. He had the greenest thumb that I will ever know.

He loved animals and people, especially children.
We are so blessed to have known him for as long as we did .
The Lord is lucky to have him.

Tomorrow is the viewing and we will be going to see John one last time.
Below are the only pictures I have of him.

This is John with our other neighbor Sherry and our son, Bryan. John was already sick. in this photo, but his mind was still strong. This was taken in March of 2006.

1 comment:

JuJu - said...

We will say prayers for John's family~ He sounds like a wonderful man -
You all are in our thoughts and prayers today!

Julia:)