Thursday, January 25, 2007

Bryan will turn THREE on Saturday!!! Today is his school party!!

First of all, I want to give a huge shout out to Holly and Zo(Gia's blog)!!! They are in the beginning process of adopting, AGAIN!!!
They were offered Gia's biological little baby brother(they think via ultrasound). The baby is due in about 2 weeks which would make him and Gia only one year apart.
We are VERY happy and excited for them. I have a feeling a year from now, Holly will be blogging less. Two kids is a bit different(but great!)

We cannot fathom starting that paperwork again, but we know from getting our little Maya that it is WELL worth it!

Good luck Holly and Zo and big sis, GIA!

Speaking of paperwork, we have begun the process of re-adopting Maya Grace. We have retained a lawyer and need to have criminal and child abuse background checks done....AGAIN. That includes fingerprints, which I am scheduled to get done at 2pm today. It also includes a homestudy update and we should hear from a social worker within a week or so in order to get that done.

At the conclusion of the re-adoption, Maya's name will be changed for good. Right now, her legal American name is Andrea Lear Amadoro. That's how they do it...her given Guatemalan name, Andrea, with her adoptive parents last names(Amadoro is my maidan name)...so you can see how we would like to change it to what we actually named her.

Re-adoption will also give her all the same rights that Bryan has as our child just incase of a tragedy.

Re-adoption is basically crossing your "t's" and dotting your "i's". Once it is done, then we will just have to change her name on all the insurance stuff and get her a new social security card...fun stuff...then that's it as far as I can remember.

Today is Thursday which means it is just Maya and I. Bryan goes to school on Thursdays and Mommy and Maya get time together(clap, clap, clap!). We started our day by taking Riley to Petsmart at 8am. He is being groomed right now and we will pick him up at noon.

At 2pm I have my fingerprints.
At 3pm, we are having Bryan's birthday party at school. I have CARS cupcakes and goody bags ready to go. Daddy's getting off early and it will be fun.

Bryan's actual birthday is Saturday. He is having a party then, too!

I am sure I will have pictures..He is so excited!

Wish me luck driving Miss Maya around all day...the car is NOT her favorite place to be. Sometimes my singing helps her. WATCH OUT AMERICAN IDOL!!

3 comments:

Kerry said...

That's weird. They didn't do Cameron's name like that. Just his given first name and our last name.

Happy birthday Bryan! Go ahead and eat too much sugar and keep your Mommy up all night!

HollyGee said...

It just happens too fast. I just get sad thinking about how fast they grow. I can't wait to see the pictures. Bryan always manages to crack me up.

Anonymous said...

happy Birthday to Bryan, Happy Birthday to Bryan....Happy Birthday to BBBRRYYAANNNNNN...Happy Birthday cute boy!!! Hope teh day is great!
stephanie