Saturday, November 04, 2006

WE HAVE A HOTEL BUT ARE VERY WORRIED ABOUT GEORGE'S DAD

Hello everyone,

Yesterday George got out of work early and we drove down to the Atlantic City area to meet our new niece. Taylor is beautiful. Her hair is strawberry brown and she reminds me of Bryan as a baby. She mostly slept when I held her and it was so nice! Bryan played very hard with his cousin, Zachary. He was so tired lastnight!

The good news:
I begged and pleaded with The Marriott in Guatemala City and got us a room next week!!!!!

The bad news:
George's Dad is having trouble breathing, AGAIN. He was found to have aspiration pneumonia in both lower lobes of his lungs and moved back to the ICU. He had a feeding tube put in this past week and we thought he would be discharged this weekend. Definitely not. We went to visit him lastnight and it is the worst we have ever seen him. He can hardly breathe. He cannot talk and is extremely thin. He cannot move without losing his breath. It really took George by surprise. I see it at work, but it is still different to see family sick. I could go on about this more, but let me just ask anyone reading this to pray that he stays strong. He needs to hold his granddaughters!


I will try and post a picture of Taylor when we get back home tonight or tomorrow.

We have to see Bryan's friend, Logan blow out 3 candles today!

2 comments:

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Glad that you got a hotel!!! I will be praying for George's dad.

JuJu - said...

We are praying for George's Dad and we are so excited for you and your family!! I look forward to pics of Brian with his baby sister all over your blog!!!!!!

Take care!

Julia