Tuesday, November 14, 2006

HELLO, FINALLY!

Well, I finally have a minute to write and say hello to all of our supporters. Maya is asleep in her crib, and Bryan is half way there watching a Thomas the Tank Engine video.
I just wanted to say thanks to all of our supporters. I really do not know where people get the time to write on their blog sometimes. This is the first chance I have really had!

Maya came home with a little respiratory infection that we were instructed to "watch". It never subsided, so we took her to the doctor yesterday and they were surprised at how happy she was the way she was breathing. She was using all her stomach muscles and really "junky" in the lungs. They told me that she is what they call a "happy wheezer". Our son had something similar at her age, but he was cranky and rightfully so. Anyhow, long stort short...she is now on nebulizer treatments every 3-4 hours. They also found a really bad right ear infection and I would have never guessed that...she is so happy and did not even freak out on the plane. Good thing I took her. Today we followed up and I had my first experience toting two kids around. I was a bit afraid to be honest b/c Bryan at times can be an absolute terror in a waiting room. Luckily, things went great. He seems to REALLY love baby sister. Bryan even got a flu shot and did not cry! I am sooooo proud of him. He got a James train lego set today!

6 comments:

JuJu - said...

John-Bryan has been that way off and on since we got home - he is still on his Nebulizer twice a day every day and on steroids. That seems to be helping. I have talked to several Moms with babies that done the same thing the first year they are home.

I know she will be good as new in no time:):)

Julia

Anonymous said...

Kerry:
I just figured out that you can leave comments. This whole time, I have been reading and following along but not realizing that you can comment until this very moment. I looked forward to seeing pictures and hearing such great news. I am very happy for all of you and look forward to see you all soon. It is a long experience; however, you really are fortunate and blessed to have such a wonderful little girl and a handsome little man. Good luck with your ventures and continue to keep us posted. Love ya all...Cousin Jennifer Afanador

Kerry said...

Kerry, I hope Maya is feeling better soon. Oh, and YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED! You now must blog the entire contents of your handbag. I know, great. I have to do mine tonight!

bonnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bonnie said...

hi kerry george and bryan, i have enjoyed this site very much and have just learned how to leave a comment.I'm so happy for you all! Maya is a doll,she looks like a Amadoro with that black hair.You two are the best parents ever! Thank you for sharing this real life story with us all. I hope i get to see you soon and meet the new member of the family. all my love, Aunt Bonnie...xxoo

Anonymous said...

Happy belated homnecoming!!! I am thrilled for you. I see somore familiar outfits in your pictures! Our Maya Grace's have the same taste...or at least their mommies do!! :>)
Congrats again!
Stephanie and Maya Grace (the one in Texas!)
www.maya-grace.blogspot.com