Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Bad news, good news

Bad news:Maya is in the hospital
Good news:Maya is in the hospital


Well our little girl had a lot of trouble breathing last night. After a lot of thought and a chat with her doctor, we landed in the ER. She received different nebulizer treatments, tested officially positive for RSV and was diagnosed with pneumonia on her chest x-ray. She ran a temp of 104.5 at one point and her oxygen sat fell to 89% which is not great at all. They admitted her, started antibiotics,IV fluids, Motrin, Oxygen, more breathing treatments and she is finally starting to show herself a little now.
Excuse any spelling errors. I am writing on my hubby's laptop while Maya is sleeping in her jail crib. She has her oxygen on and is such an angel.

WE are happy she is being treated. The ER nurses were the best ever!

I just wanted to update everyone. George and I will be rotating staying with Maya here.

I have not slept in a few days so I will be getting to that as soon as the doc comes to see Maya on his rounds:)

Will update when we can...

Kerry and George

12 comments:

Steph said...

Poor little thing!!! I'm so sorry she's sick, but thank goodness that she's going to be okay. ((HUGS)) That must have scared you to death.

Dawn said...

Sounds like she is in good hands there. I hope she is feeling better and back to her sweet, smiley self in no time.
dawnz

HollyGee said...

Kerry is there ANYTHING you need??? I'm right around the corner. I can bring you food to the hospital or ANYTHING you need. I'll even do your Thanksgiving food shooping if you need me to. Or if you just need to talk.

Anonymous said...

I hope all is well. We will continue to pray for her and keep her spirits high. Thank goodness she is getting good doctors. If you need anything...please send an email or call. Love ya, Jenn & Ed

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Glad you make the right decision. RSV can get really ugly. Sounds like she will be just great in a few days. Sounds like she is in great hands. I will be praying for her.

Anonymous said...

Oh No Kerry!!!!!!! I am so sorry that she is that sick...but at least she is now getting the care she needs to get well. My prayers are with you guys. Please keep us updated! Wish there was something I could do to help!
MAny Hugs
Mindy

JuJu - said...

YOu guys are in our prayers - Holly is the best in times of crisis - she is amazing and I would take her up on it if I were you! She is the best!

Julia:):)

Andrea said...

Yourfamily is in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery!! She'll be back up and around in no time- that RSV is some nasty stuff!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so sorry. You all are in my prayers for a speedy recovery. You have to have her home and healthy for her 1st Thanksgiving!!!
Hugs~ steph & maya

Kerry said...

Oh, Kerry, I'm so sorry. Poor little thing. I can't do anything from here but pray, so know I will be praying for her. I'm sure she's going to be just fine, but I'll pray for a speedy recovery and her comfort while she's being treated.

JuJu - said...

I really want to hear an update! How is that precious baby girl??
Julia

Anonymous said...

This Blog is fantastic! Kerry, you should do this for people as a side job. I loved that beautiful Christening dress. Maya is absolutely adorable!