Monday, November 20, 2006

Life with two children

Well, today was a trip for sure! It was my first day to truly experience being the mother of two crying children. It all started with both children being up lastnight. Maya took the 11pm-3am shift. I took her. She was having a ton of wheezing.

Bryan took on the 3am night terror which George handled.

My brother was sleeping on the couch throughout the night shift circus and he was lucky that neither child wanted him.

The fun continued today as both children saw no need for a nap. Bryan pulls that no nap thing ALL the time and I can handle that alone with a quiet video. Maya on the other hand, is sick, and is not even 9 months old. She slept poorly lastnight and then even poorer today! Fun, lol. I know Cathy and Sue, you are silently giggling at me!

Maya is sick, yes, still sick. It remains mostly repiratory but has changed to mostly wheezing and a runny nose. We have a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning and we will see what the Dr. thinks. With a bit of cabin fever and the mystery of where Maya's eyes were under all that hair, my brother and I took the kiddos to get their haircut. Bryan is easy...Uncle Mike took him...Maya was a bit uneasy and so I held her and her bangs are short and uneven after the cut! I could have done it myself...but she has the "first haircut" certificate (even tho it was cut in Guatemala!)...and we do see her eyes now! It will grow...

Maya did finally fall asleep while getting her nebulizer tonight and she seems to be breathing better tonight. We will see. It has to be better tonight!
George is getting Bryan to bed while I detox on the computer for a few moments!

Oh, and last but not least...our dryer is working again as of 6pm tonight...YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And, no, it was not George, it was All About Appliance manager Doug...but he did tell George that he was headed in the right direction, so not all hope was lost for my hubby. He just has to know how everything works...funny that he is an engineer, huh?





There were about 5 people making faces and snapping fingers to get this photo


Bryan wanted to help Uncle Mike and Daddy rake leaves

Again, I wish I was his age

The next Eminem


Nanny bought Maya this coat, it is white, fluffy and beautiful..

Notice Bryan's eyes are watching TV
Bryan(McCauley Culkin...from Home Alone)
They were better for Uncle Mike than me!


I love this pic of my little Maya, especially after a day of screaming, it is nice to see what she looks like with sleep again!


After the boys raked leaves, they all had Hot Chocolate including Bryan

Aunt Lisa was very happy to meet Maya on Saturday...


THIS PICTURE IS PRICELESS ....GEORGE WORKING ON THE DRYER(ALL DAY SAT!)...WHILE REFERRING TO HIS STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON THE WASHER. I LOVE IT.


This was when Uncle Mike first held Maya


Nanny knows, Maya is not only pretty in pink, but in BLUE too!!

3 comments:

Mackenzie's Forever Family said...

That girl would be pretty in a brown paper bag. GORGEOUS in whatever color.

Mackenzie's Forever Family

Jodi Crubaugh said...

Great pics! Your kids are adorable.

JuJu - said...

You have a beautiful family!
Oh - you have to love the sick sleepless nights! You are handling them well:)
Your son in the leaves is the most precous picture - Frame that one!

Julia:):)