Saturday, March 03, 2007

I SURVIVED MY FIRST TWO DAYS BACK TO WORK...

...that is really all I can say for now...survived...and will have money in the bank earned by me...this coming Thursday.
Wednesday was really awful actually. I hate to go into details because you really had to be there. My initial impression was this:

1. The unit is a dump. It is in the basement of the hospital and apparently, it will be the very last part of the hospital to get a face lift. So while other parts of the hospital have piano bars , and 4 million dollar windows, my unit has not been painted in a decade. I pushed my patient via stretcher from her procedure room to the holding area and she was kind enough to point out the falling ceiling to me.

2. Some of the nurses have sticks up their butts. At lunch, I sat across from a nurse who I met only 2 minutes prior to lunch. She gave me a nasty look and said, "Are you agency?" I replied, "No, I am actually transferring to this unit part-time". She asked, "How much will you work?"I replied, "2 days ---12 hours on each day". She came back with, "THAT's IT??" She said it in a very nasty tone and continued to be nasty to me throughout the lunch. I always liked the name Maria, I did...but now I have met her...and SCRATCH that, now I do NOT like that name! (This is only one example!) I found out yesterday that she actually told the ultrasound tech that she was really fat...so apparently, this is how Maria is...Oh, and the tech is about 10 lbs. heavier than me I would say...so I probably have a fat comment coming next week!


3. Complete chaos---Disorganized! Listen, my house is not perfectly organized by any means...but when I am at work, I am anal about organization. Being a nurse, you share paperwork, equipment, etc with several other people...so one can see where it is important to have a place where things go...everytime. Not here! It will be a scavenger hunt everyday of my life there!


Now for some GOOD NEWS.....Work is NOT my life!!! Hee, hee...and thank goodness for that!

My life is basically good. The kids are great. They are doing great at school...and everyone is healthy!

Maya is walking very fast and is starting to point to things if you ask her, like..."Where's Elmo?", "Where's your nose?", "Where's Daddy?"

She is also saying the hard "C" sound everytime she sees one of our cats. She is very smart!!! So much for speech delay, not our girl!

Bryan made a friend at school already who likes trains(surprise to us all, I know..) His name is Jacob.

So, life at home is good and I have a paycheck coming....Hooray for some good news!

I know, no pictures...sorry! Maybe next time!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Well it's a good thing you are only having to go a couple days a week. I am so crazy about things being organized when I am doing something at school. Too bad I don't have that same organization in my home! LOL. I hope things get better and I am sure will NOT get a fat comment! LOL!
Hugs

Kerry said...

Sorry work sucks. I've been there and just sucked it up and did it, but it sure wasn't fun. I'm glad you only have to suffer the two days a week. The other five days are your real life anyway!