Sunday, March 11, 2007

Catching up...

I am a very bad blogger in the " blogger world". A lot of people update daily...but not me...sad to say. I continue to try to blog at least once a week. I know a lot of you just want to see pictures of the kiddos!!!
I have been working about 24 hours a week or so and it is not as bad as I thought. It is not great, but it is okay for now. By the end of this week, I had warmed up to a few nurses and already had my reputation back for being "a good stick"( That means I can start IVs fairly well. I would brag more but I did miss one this week...of course the one I missed was stuck 15 times before I got a try!) Anyhow, I am getting a paycheck, the kids are happy in school, and I like to take care of (most) patients.
Moving on, George is busy with work, finishing his MBA, the kids and he is probably buying a new car this week. When I say new, I mean old, but newer that his 1987 BMW. There will be more to come on that...if he gets this new/old car, it will be much nicer...but will remain, of course, a BMW.
Bryan and Maya are great!!!
It is not as easy with Miss Maya as it was Mr. Bryan. She is so sneaky. She hid one remote control last week and threw away the other remote. She also threw away her Little People horse. We had fun finding the remotes...the horse was just a bonus.
Bryan tells us he has a girlfriend at school named Olivia. I asked him if she liked trains as that is the basis for most of his friendships at this age, and he said "No, Mommy...she likes computers and books" Ha! I felt like he was a talk show host on the dating game or that he was reading me her match.com resume! It was so funny.
Other big news is that it is another birthday week! George's brother, Jeff hit the big 3-0 this past week...and my grandmother, aka, "Gammy" turns the big 8-0 on Tuesday!!!
My Aunt Lisa, my Mom, Gammy, and I went into NYC yesterday and saw A Chorus Line on broadway. It was very nice. We were so close, I have never sat so close before, THE THIRD ROW. Someone at the end of the show thought that "BIG" (Chris Noth) from Sex in the City was in the first row. He came in late and left really fast at the end, but I never saw him, if it was him...and I am kicking myself thinking about it...I LOVE THAT SHOW...and I LOVED BIG!!!(much more than I did in Law and Order ). There is a long story to tell, but the short one goes like this...A limo was supposed to pick up my Aunt, Mom, and Grandmother, and then drive to NJ to get me, and it would have been great because NYC is a lot of walking for my Grandmother , it would have been nice, etc. The Limo cancelled on my Aunt yesterday morning with practically NO NOTICE! Long story, short...my Uncle drove them down to my house and we took the train into NYC. We had brunch at Junior's, saw the show, ate dinner at a little Italian place, then caught the train to catch the kids right before they fell asleep. It worked out and my Grandmother did great considering! This Limo service still has it coming, however! Word of mouth is everything ..And I do not think they have heard the last from my family!
Happy Birthday to you...
Happy Birthday to you...

Happy Birthday, Dear Gammy, Happy Birthday to you!!!


Maya on the slide

Daddy stretching


I showed her how to really slide


Bryan can do things this year that he was afraid of last year!




Bryan is learning to ride his bike

Bryan and Maya got a kick out of the wagon ride to the park today




NOW...FLASHING BACK!!! Maya is wearing an old outfit of Bryan's...

See below...








This is Cailin and Maya

Maya LOVES Cailin!!



Now, Maya can walk and read a book upside down at the SAME time!




Uh, Yea, I am the bomb!


3 comments:

JuJu - said...

I LOVE the last pic of Maya and the brother sister outfit pics!! I cannot wait to do that with JB and baby peanut! YES - we rae trying to pick a name!

Glad things have gone well since you went back to work! It is great to see pics of your gorgeous familY:):)

Julia:)

Sandy said...

That last picture is SO cute!

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Love the pics. The las one is my favorite. She is bad to the bone.