Wednesday, October 25, 2006

NO PINK...WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS CORRECT!!!

Really, we are so confused. I thought we were finally getting a break. We totally thought we would be in Guatemala next week!
Here is the new email I got from our coordinator:

Hi Kerry – I spoke to your attorney this afternoon. They have gotten the birth certificate and have turned it in to the translator. They hope to have it back tomorrow and be ready to put the file in the Embassy this Thursday to wait for the Pink Slip. Next Wednesday is a holiday in Guatemala – All Saints Day. If the file gets turned in to the Embassy this Thursday the pink slip should be issued next Tuesday. I’ll check in again with the attorney on Thursday to see if they got the file in to the Embassy. Thanks, Susanna

So, if you are following this blog, you too will be confused! I just emailed her asking which email is correct, or has it just been being translated this whole time????

Part of me, feels like"whatever" because she will be home in November no matter what! Then another part of me is so aggravated at this misleading, confusing information!

I will update again when I get some answers. This is just nuts. We have a conference call with our agency tomorrow night. Some crazy stuff has been going on in Guatemala and they will address that.

If anyone is interested, you can check out: www.guatadopt.com

On the bright side:
1.George and I will get to take our little Thomas the Tank Engine Trick-or-Treating on his 3rd Halloween!
2. We are almost certain that we will meet out new niece or nephew before we travel. George's brother, Jeff and his wife Amber are expected their second child and she will most likely go this week. If not, they will induce her...but she is 3cm and they think she will go...come on water....BREAK!

More happy news:
I had a busy day yesterday. I babysat Cheryl's son Logan yesterday morning while she went shopping. She returned the favor yesterday afternoon, so that Cathy, Aidan and I could go shopping. It was more about having a day out with an old friend. Her son is an awesome shopper. He hardly let out a cry. He loves shopping.

I had dinner with Cathy and Cheryl (2 major cheerleaders in Maya's adoption!!!!)lastnight and they bought Maya some goodies!!! They also had a few balloons and a yummy DARK CHOCOLATE cake...mmmmmmmmm! Thank you guys!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well @$$^%%#$%! I needed some good news today. ANYONE's good news!!! Sometimes I really think the coordinators get confused sometimes, and can't remember who they told what, and what update was whose. I've sent a couple emails to mine that simply said, "Huh?" Still praying for PINK!

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

I have been totally confused through out the entire process. So, confusion is nothing new for me. I will be praying for PINK for you and Maya. Oh, by the way, I love the name.

Ginger
waiting on Maya Grace

Anonymous said...

MaMaMia!!!! I thought you were going to have her home before November by that last post. Darnnit!!!

At least you are looking on the bright side and at least you had some chocolate cake:)

The Frugal Countess said...

ARGHHHH!!!! I'm praying they get it done so you can get that pumpkin!!

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I hope the real pink comes soon!