Thursday, February 15, 2007

Momma's going back to work...

That's right, I have a job at the same hospital I have been at since 1999. I will be starting in what is called "Special Procedures". The unit does everything that the Cardiac Cath Lab and OR does not. I will be assisting in a lot of procedures and it will take quite a bit of training and testing. I will be working 2 days per week 8am-8:30pm. I will see very little of the children awake(if at all) on those 2 days. The job will require an occasional weekend and on call responsibilities. I am stressed about it as those close to me know!

But, this is life and we need the money. I will also be forced to talk to adults 2 days/week and maybe that will be healthy for me.

I enrolled both kids in a new daycare program George and I found over the last week. Bryan's current daycare could not accept Maya at the present time, so we looked elsewhere and we found a place we like that is actually less expensive than where he goes now!

We will be taking it day by day, but Maya did very well at the daycare(we will call it "school") this morning. I left her in the classroom without me for what is called "circle time" and she did very well. She did not cry for me until she saw me come back for her, then she wanted me, but all and all, we may survive this time in our lives.

Other than, that, I revieved awesome news from one of my friends today that she is pregnant(through in-vitro). I wont tell you who until I clear it with her, but just be thrilled that it worked and pray that it is a successful pregnancy!

Here are some pictures:




Tuesday we played with my friend Sue and her 3 kids, along with our friend Melissa. Erin is Bryan's princess. Laugh, but it is true! Bryan is still talking about his princess.
If we could arrange a marriage, Erin would be a top contender for our Prince.

Maya finally meets Melissa!!! Melissa was in California for the past 3 months doing traveling nursing so she has a VERY good excuse for not meeting Maya yet!

It finally snowed!!!



Riley and Mayita


Seriously??? How cute is she???



Bryan was on the go, loving every second of the freezing cold snow.


Daddy and Bryan


This last picture was sent to me by my Mom. They got at least 17 inches! My brother and mother had a wild time shoveling yesterday while my Dad was stuck at work(he is a mailman, excuse me, letter carrier, Dad:)



3 comments:

Dawn said...

Wow ~ your poor mom and pop are stuck in an awful lot of snow! You are right...the pics are toooo cute!

:-) Dawn

JuJu - said...

That is the cutest pink snow bunny I have ever seen!!

Julia:)

Mindy said...

I am LOVING the snowsuit! She gets cuter each time I check your blog. You have as much snow as us....we have 18 inches here. WOW...I haven't seen snow like this in a looooong time. Alec can't even walk in it!