Monday, February 12, 2007

Happy Valentine's Week!!!!!!!

What's new with us???? Well, not too much. We are finally having winter here in NJ and it is very cold and very depressing. We would love to get out and play in the snow and maybe even break out our skis, but for now it has just been cold...no snow...barren trees...and a lot of work to dress two kids to go out. We are due to get a lot of snow tomorrow night into Wednesday, so maybe it we will have a day of it "looking pretty" even though driving in the snow is no fun!

The good news is that we did get out to Gia's birthday party on Saturday and it was fun!

I have posted some pictures below. Hope everyone enjoys:)












Maya's hair pre-haircut

Last Thursday I did get out with Maya. We went shopping at the Woodbridge Center Mall. I really love that mall!!! I do not remember ever walking the whole thing but I did this time, and it was nice. Maya loves to shop(so far). We were in Gymboree and we got a cute outfit for Gia. Maya tried on a bunch of sunglasses and was truly cracking herself up. She is a hoot!
Below is the bathing suit we bought for Maya. You can see Gia's presents on her blog. We got the one that has yellow shorts, yellow sunglasses and blogger t-shirts for her and baby Max.




I love it and cannot wait to see her little butt in this.
I got her the matching sunglasses but then I stopped because she has a birthday coming up and she may possibly get clothes.....





George, Bryan and I have had our haircut by Heather many times, but this was Maya's first time. Heather let us come to her house and Bryan was thrilled with all of Heather's son's toys.
Maya was really good for her haircut!


I was in shock of how short it became but I totally trust Heather. She deals with my mop of hair, so that says something.




Calm down, Mommy. It is not that short. It looks clean and will grow in nice now, and my mullet is all gone so be happy Mommy!

Before we went to Gia's party, God came into our home and made a miracle occur. Bryan took a nap. I took a picture so everyone believes me.



Maya sporting her H&M dress she got from Sue's mom. Could she model or is it just because I am her Mommy that I think she is so cute?



I gave her puffs so I could get ready...Yummy!

Maya, Bryan and Olivia

Olivia was also adopted from Guatemala and lives nearby. She is really cute!!!!

This came out dark but looks better on Holly's site...it's the Guatemommas...

Holly, Nikki and Me


Holly and the Birthday Girl herself
This is Miss Gia eating her cake. Lucky girl....
Speaking of lucky.....I am still hearing comments about our adoption that go a little something like this:
"Wow, you adopted, what a wonderful thing you did for that poor baby"
I know when people say this that they mean well . They are saying that Maya and Gia and Olivia and all the other internationally adopted children are lucky and that is true, but I want everyone to know that we, the parents, are really the lucky ones. It is a wonderful two sided coin.
Thanks for having us at the party, Holly and Happy Birthday Gia!!!!

Let's try on my dresses Mommy!

I can wave, watch me!




This little piggy went the market...

Did you buy me payless shoes, Mommy?

Thanks, Mom and I look foward to many more shoes in my lifetime!!!!





Holly's Mom made Bryan this scrub hat




Thank you so much!!!!




It is really nice!!! She sells them. If anyone is interested, check out Holly and Gia's blog and you can get the link:)























8 comments:

Dawn said...

Hi! I just came across our blog for the first time (I also follow Gia's!). I live in NJ too, but we are adopting from Kazakhstan...and we leave on SUNDAY :-) Nice to "meet" you - your children are beautiful!!! What part of NJ do you live in?

:-) Dawn

nikki said...

Kerry,
It was so great to meet you guys on Saturday. Sorry I didn't get a chance to say good bye, (Olivia was exhausted) but I wanted to give you my email so we can all get together for a playdate. Velbanc@aol.com

PS love the dresses on Maya, she is such a cutie!
PSS I totally agree whith you on Us parents being the lucky ones, we are all so blessed to have these children in our lives.

Kim said...

Love that pink dress and hat - too cute. Looks like everyone had a great time at Gia's party!! I'm so jealous.

Unknown said...

Kerry,
When I saw Holly last week she told me where you are.... I grew up on Columbia and went to John Adams, and still work for NB. I think it would be great if we all got together. I think Chase would benefit a lot having interaction with other children.... I think he would catch up a bit and of course some adult conversation for mommy wouldn't hurt.

I love Maya's hair too if it is anything like Chase's it will grow back before you know it... Chase needs a haircut every month.

Lisa

JuJu - said...

Kerry - what can I say - I love this post!!!
I love the valentines day shirts (you go Bryan)-I love the haircut - I love the dresses -and I adore the dew rag!

You kids are gorgeous!!!!
You Are one blessed Momma:):)

JUlia:)

Kerry said...

You are not biased because you're her Mommy. She IS THAT CUTE!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...how precious are they both?? The Valentine's outfits are too cute. And I love her haircut!! I know what a difficult decision it is to cut those locks...but it will be evened out...and it will grow if you decdide you like it longer. I think it's hip!
The pink out fit is adorable, and I love the bikini.She's getting so big...and pretty as ever!!
stephanie

Mindy said...

We are so much alike it is scary at times. Mikayla has so many of the same clothes as Maya does. LOL. And of course we have quite a bit of Thomas and Cars things around as well. What a cutie she is. I adore her!