Thursday, April 19, 2007

Cute pics...and what is up with some people??

Okay, so I am not a great writer like some of my friends, but I just have to share my Target experience this week.
While Riley was getting groomed at Petsmart, I took the two kids to Target for a bunch of stuff, most importantly Toilet Paper. When we were checking out, my sweet lovable, talkative son kept saying to the checkout lady, "Hi, I am Bryan. Hi, I am Bryan"...over and over again.
Finally, my observant son said to me, "Mommy, this lady won't talk to me!"
Get ready for what she said: "Yes, honey, unlike your mother, I have to work for a living."
I actually did go right back at her to let her know that I was working (3) 12 hour shifts this week and that that day was my day OFF.
I probably should have mentioned that what I did for a living was a little more difficult than her job...but I did not go there.
It really got me after I left. How could she say that to Bryan? What the heck was wrong with her??
I know that some people do not like kids. Maybe they are just like that, maybe they could not have kids, maybe they are having a bad day...but whatever the case...if you are going to work in a setting where you may deal with a child, just put on a fake smile and be quiet.
Am I right?
Anyhow, moving back to our life...Bryan and Maya are good. Here are some pics to show how good!
Bryan is potty training fairly well. Maya is walking so fast I cannot catch her sometimes!
George took Bryan to see Thomas Live on Stage last Saturday. Bryan LOVED it. This was his get-up that he wore that day.

Miss hot shot herself...We sent a memory stick of pics and videos down to Guatemala to Maya's foster family with Holly. Holly is with her sweet Max right now!


Two true smiles!!!


Maya got cropped out...it was bad of her, but really cute of Bryan



Scary, but Bryan is teaching Maya so much!
Maya definitely is getting the English language!

5 comments:

Kerry said...

What a bee-otch! I think I would have called a manager over and asked her to repeat what she said. There's no excuse for that.

By the way, QVC is now selling the big 32 ounce sizes of Pure Grace shower gel and body lotion. They were on last weekend but I kept forgetting to tell you. You can go to the website and order anytime though. Go on girl...get the jumbo sizes and swim in the stuff!

Kim said...

What? What? What????? Oh my gosh!!! I can't believe that she said that? She has no idea what you do? You could work 3rd shift even. I would have also told the manager - unacceptable!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kerry!

I agree. I think you should call and speak with a manager. I mean, everyone has a bad day and sometimes people make comments that could be misconstrued but hers was a blatantly rude comment. I'm not saying get the woman fired but she obviously has a problem in dealing with the public and maybe needs someone to explain how rude she is acting.

BTW- LOVE the pics of the kids. Maya is growing up so fast. Elianna is still not walking. I think she enjoys the service of being carried. ;)

Ann and Elianna

Melissa said...

The kids are so cute!

Mindy said...

OK where to start...I am soooo behind. Let me start with the most important thing and that is I AM SO JEALOUS ABOUT THOMAS LIVE. I check the website they have EVERY DAY PRAYING they come to Ohio. No such luck yet. I have not even told Alec that it exists because they are not coming here...yet. Hopefully they do soon. Also...big surprise that Mikayla has that SAME Dora outfit that she wore to the concert. I laughed. I am glad you are enjoying the warm weather. I know we sure are! And thank you so much for thinking of us and OH...what was up with the lady at Target? HOW RUDE.
Hugs